Hardware Working Improperly on Windows Laptop/Desktop
If your Windows hardware device is working improperly, don’t blame the innocent device itself. Before taking the hardware device to the doctor’s store, you may need to check whether the software that supports the hardware to work is all right. It is quite obvious that the software is the bridge that connects with the hardware and your computer, called driver.
An outdated, corrupted or missing driver can lead to hardware failures. So for any reason, just uninstall the drivers and reinstall it with the latest and suitable driver. How to? Generally, there are 3 ways to update your Windows drivers.
3 Ways to Update Drivers for Windows Hardware Devices
First of all, the commonly used devices on computer are video/graphics card that produces normal display, sound card, network card (both cable network and wireless network are included), motherboard. And there are many peripheral devices connecting with computer like keyboard, mouse, printer, scanner, mobile phones, card readers, digital camera, gamepad and so on. Click here for more drivers download. All the peripheral devices need proper drivers to work with computer.
Now let’s learn how to update and fix driver problems for your Windows computer.
Method 1: Use Smart Driver Update Software
The easiest and most energy-efficient way is to use an automatic driver update program tool which would detect the missing, corrupted and outdated drivers and then install the right ones with ease.
There are many such programs, maybe the most popular and well-known one is Driver Booster, right? But today I’d like to recommend a new giant rise of driver update software – DriveTheLife. It is very simple and clean to use, totally free for all Windows users. Have a try of the new choice!
Method 2: Update Drivers Through Windows Update
Most drivers update can be found via Windows Update. So you can check for hardware outdated drivers from Windows Update. But not all updates are included in Windows Update and there might be some delay to inform updated drivers.
- Press Start button, in the search box, type update, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
- In the left pane of the new window, click Check for updates. It will inform you available updates after the check. Click the link to see detailed information about the update. Each type of update might include drivers.
- On the Select the updates you want to install page, look for updates for your hardware devices, select the check box for each driver that you want to install, and then click OK.
- If there are any driver updates, click Install updates. If it prompts for a computer restart, the update will take effect after the restart.
Method 3: Download and Install Drivers Updates by Yourself
The last and the least recommended way is to download and update drivers by your own especially you are not knowledgeable on computer hardware and software. It is troublesome to do this, what’s worse is that if you install the wrong driver, device may not work and even lead to dead computer in the worst case.
However, if you hold a firm decision to update drivers by yourself, do as the follows:
- Check your hardware information and find the corresponding drivers from its manufacture’s website, download drivers from the driver download page.
- If it is a ZIP file, unzip it and click the right .exe program to install (Just like installing other software).
- After the driver installed alright, restart your PC to let the new driver take effect.
|Update Drivers Yourself|
You can choose any of the above methods to update Windows hardware drivers as necessary.